To prevent the spread of Covid-19, public transport (motorized) will be closed from 6 am on Thursday (July 1) to midnight on July 7. At the same time, domestic flights will also be suspended.
However, the aircraft will be able to operate on international routes. Passengers going abroad can travel by car by showing their international journey ticket.
This information was revealed in a notification issued by the Cabinet Department on Wednesday (June 30) imposing restrictions.
In the notification, all public and private offices, vehicles and shops are to be closed. During this time, if you go out without urgent need, you will face severe punishment, it has been informed by the government.
Considering the current situation of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) infection, the following restrictions have been imposed from July 1, 6 am to July 7 midnight, with the following conditions attached:
1. All government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices will remain closed.
2. All types of mechanized vehicles including public transport on road, rail and waterways will be closed. Domestic flights will also be suspended.
3. All shops including shopping malls/markets will remain closed.
4. All tourist centres, resorts, community centers and entertainment centers will remain closed.
5. Public gatherings such as social (post-wedding functions, birthdays, picnic parties etc.) political and religious ceremonies will be closed.
Mentioning that the Army will be in the field to implement the lockdown, the notification said, the Armed Forces Department will deploy the required number of troops to ensure effective field level patrolling under the 'Army in Aid to Civil Power' provision. The District Magistrate will contact the local army commander to confirm the matter.
The District Magistrate will hold a coordination meeting with the concerned officers at the district level to determine the jurisdiction, procedure and timing of Army-BGB-Police-RAB and Ansar recruitment and patrolling. Also, if any special action is required, take action in that regard. The concerned Ministries/Departments will provide necessary instructions at the field level in this regard.
Earlier on Tuesday night, an information statement said, strict disciplinary action will be taken against anyone who goes out of the house except for emergency service personnel and without urgent reasons from Thursday.
The government has requested everyone to follow all hygiene rules including wearing masks.